God is doing incredible things among the unreached of Africa! On this episode, Cynthia Anderson speaks with Fred Berrington, a Youth With A Mission leader from South Africa about the movements he helped start and the keys he learned as he persevered in the harvest fields.
Key Points from this episode:
- Investing in a few disciples deeply bears fruit in the long term.
- Sometimes you need to start over in a new place where you can apply the lessons you’ve learned and avoid the mistakes made in the first DMM/CPM attempt
- Finding local friends and partners is key. Train them.
- Culturally relevant, indigenously created worship is a powerful tool for Gospel spread.
- Reaching Muslims isn’t hard, but we may not be “fishing with the right bait” to bring them to Christ.
- Adapting ceremonies like funerals, to make them more culturally relevant can have a big impact.
- Many Muslims come to Christ through genuine love expressed consistently through believers around them.
- Don’t argue with people, love speaks more loudly.
- God pours out his fire on sacrifice. There is a cost to seeing movements.
- We can’t take anything to Heaven but souls. It is worth it!
- It’s not about numbers, its about being faithful.