Description: We want to focus on what matters during this season, but it isn’t always easy amidst the busy, hustle and bustle of the holidays. In this episode, Cynthia Anderson shares five tips to help you start those conversations you want to have, in a natural and friendly way.
Key Points from this episode:
- Use open-ended questions that encourage conversation.
- Utilize time standing in lines at grocery stores, in shops buying gifts and other times when you’d normally feel impatient or hurried.
- Jesus used ordinary things in nature and the environment to point people toward spiritual messages What do you see around you that could be a bridge to a conversation?
- Prepare yourself to engage with a tiny bit of self-talk before you enter a store or place you might have a chance to share with someone.
- Be generous with your time.
- Adapt the conversation to fit those you are speaking to. Meet them where they are at in their understanding of the Christ story.
- Make failure your friend. Don’t worry if it doesn’t go perfectly.